Friday, March 13, 2009

Psychology and Heroes

Apparently, the top economic advisers for politicians also like to get into the fields of psychology/psychoanalysis. I heard on the radio while driving home that
Lawrence Summers, the president's director of the National Economic Council, told a think tank gathering Friday that "fear begets fear" and that "is the paradox at the heart of the financial crisis."
The line that really caught my attention: "excess of fear".

It reminded of another psychological prognosis that someone else's economic advisor made half a year ago.

Connection? I dunno. Just a thought. What do you think?

On another note, my HBS Daily Stat just told me that "Barack Obama has replaced Jesus Christ atop a list of America's heroes" according to a recent poll. Check it out - some fun facts about who Americans regard as heroes. (BTW, Hilary passed Bill this round).

No comments:

Post a Comment